Speedy Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 397 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 10g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 15, 2014
Doubled the recipe for a church brunch. In hind sight it seemed like there was too much liquid so next time I will add less and see haow it looks. I will also make it more than 24 hours in advance because the tiny bit of leftovers that come home with us tasted even better the next day.
Jan 27, 2013
I made this recipe for a family get-together, and it's delicious. When I doubled the recipe, I used 1 1/4 cups sugar, 3/4 cup cider vinegar, and 1/2 cup canola oil. I also used red onion and did not include the green pepper.