- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- In a bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Let marinate until serving time. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpeedy Bean Salad
"Doubled the recipe for a church brunch. In hind sight it seemed like there was too much liquid so next time I will add less and see haow it looks. I will also make it more than 24 hours in advance because the tiny bit of leftovers that come home with us tasted even better the next day."
"I made this recipe for a family get-together, and it's delicious. When I doubled the recipe, I used 1 1/4 cups sugar, 3/4 cup cider vinegar, and 1/2 cup canola oil. I also used red onion and did not include the green pepper."