Spectacular Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 cups sugar snap peas
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place squash cut side down in a baking dish. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Cover and bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until tender.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, scoop out the squash and separate strands with a fork. Place squash in a large serving bowl and keep warm. Discard shells.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a skillet; saute mushrooms, zucchini, red pepper, peas, onions and garlic in oil and butter for 15 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, basil, garlic salt and pepper; heat through. Pour over squash. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 117 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Spectacular Spaghetti Squash
"Tasty way to serve veggies. My husband enjoys some meat with his meals, so I have also made it adding some cubed chicken breast and it was very good."
"Very tasty. I tossed the sautéed vegetables in with the spaghetti squash instead of serving on top of the squash to incorporate the flavor better into the squash."
"This was really good! I usually just make spaghetti squash with prepared pesto or marinara, but the fresh veggies really added a nice flavor. I didn't add the peas, but I added everything else and it was great."