A few years back, I was asked to bring a salad to a potluck. I didn't want to bring an ordinary dish, so I created this recipe. Everyone was pleased with the light vinegar-and-oil dressing.
Recommended: 5 Do-able, Delicious Menus for Mother’s Day
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 pound frozen medium cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Slice cucumber in quarters lengthwise; cut into thin pieces and place in a bowl. Add the shrimp, beans and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and lemon-pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve over lettuce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spectacular Shrimp Salad Main Dish in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p44