Spectacular Citrus Salad
A delightfully different salad is what I was looking for when I came across the original version of this recipe. I altered it a bit to fit my taste. Each time I serve this salad, it gets raves for being so colorful and refreshing.
Total TimePrep: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 12 cups torn red and green leaf lettuce
- 3 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, oranges, onion and pecans. Add dressing and toss to coat; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 168 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Spectacular Citrus Salad in Country Woman Christmas 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.