Special Wild Rice Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 25 min.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 to 3 ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 jar (8 ounces) marinated whole mushrooms, undrained
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 to 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 to 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Cool; place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 168 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 26, 2011
This is a delicious salad!!! I only wish that my guests hadn't eaten it all so there weren't any leftovers! I'll make it again soon.
May 31, 2010
I brought this to a pool party and folks asked me for the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.