- 1 cup sparkling wine or white grape juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring wine or grape juice and sugar to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Stir in the lemon juice and peel, vanilla and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the berries and mint. Add syrup and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSpecial Summer Berry Medley
"Made this and subbed apples, grapes and kiwis for the dark berries as they were not on sale in my area. The dressing really sold this for people. I used white grape juice so it was kid friendly."
"That 1/2 cup of sugar is divided over 12 half cup servings. The diabetic exchanges are provided to help people fit this recipe into a healthy diet."
"I have not made this but I am concerned about the amount of sugar used. Is this ok for a diabetic"