Special Seafood Skillet
Since fresh seafood is so readily available here on the Atlantic Coast, seafood recipes are quite popular. This is an amazing combination that should satisfy even the heartiest of appetites. —Donald Boyer, Newport News, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup each chopped carrot, celery, onion and sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen bay scallops, thawed
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- In a skillet or wok, stir-fry carrot, celery, onion, red pepper, corn and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove to a bowl and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet; stir-fry scallops, shrimp, seafood seasoning and soy sauce for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Using a slotted spoon, transfer seafood to the bowl with the vegetable mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, mozzarella cheese and nutmeg until smooth. Return seafood and vegetables to skillet; stir in cream cheese mixture and heat through. Serve with pasta or rice.