VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces swordfish steak, cut into six pieces
- 4 sea scallops
- 4 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the swordfish, scallops and shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a bacon piece around each scallop. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the scallops, swordfish, shrimp, vegetables and pineapple.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill seafood, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish just turns opaque, shrimp turn pink, and scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Special Seafood Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p11
Reviews forSpecial Seafood Kabobs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review