Special Scalloped Corn Recipe
Carrots and green pepper make this dish colorful, which grabs attention at a potluck. (For these occasions, I double the recipe). The corn casserole is also great when you need to prepare a dish ahead of time—just bake it before serving. —Mrs. J. Brown, Fort Dodge, Iowa
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 322 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Special Scalloped Corn
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2009
"This sounds really good!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC