- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops; sear 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, combine chives, vinegar, garlic, tarragon, honey, mustard and remaining oil. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Divide greens, carrots and tomato among four plates; top with scallops. Drizzle with dressing; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpecial Scallop Salad
"OUTSTANDING...EVEN MY HARD TO PLEASE HUSBAND LICKED THE PLATE."
"I really enjoyed this. My husband didn't like it as much as I did, but thought the salad went really well with the scallops."
"This recipe was absolutely delicious. The flavors blended beautifully. Sea scallops were just too expensive, so I used precooked shrimp, which I had in the freezer. I prepared the ingredients for the sauce early in the day and cooked it per the recipe, adding the shrimp just long enough to heat through, and served it as a complete meal with french bread on a 100+ degree afternoon."
"This recipe was so delicious! I love that you could serve it as an appetizer or increase the recipe and serve it as a meal."