Special Sandwich Loaves Recipe
These satisfying sub sandwiches are a study in simplicity. Try serving the seasoned mayonnaise on the side so guests can customize their hoagies. Look for submarine sandwich dressing in the deli section of your grocery store. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) French bread
- 10 slices deli smoked turkey, halved
- 10 slices deli roast beef, halved
- 20 small lettuce leaves
- 10 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, halved
- 10 slices cheddar cheese, halved
- 2 cups roasted sweet red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 40 mild banana peppers, drained and patted dry
- GARLIC-LIME MAYONNAISE:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bottle (5 ounces) submarine sandwich dressing
- 1. Cut each loaf into 22 slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom (cut off and discard end pieces). Between every other slice of bread, place a piece of turkey and beef, a lettuce leaf, a piece of each kind of cheese, red peppers and banana peppers.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, garlic and chili powder. To serve, cut completely through the bread between the plain slices. Serve with mayonnaise mixture and submarine dressing. Yield: 20 sandwiches.
1 each: 385 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Special Sandwich Loaves
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2009
"Try the garlic lime dressing."
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC