Special Request Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 30 saltine crackers
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Crumble crackers into a 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over crackers. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 315 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Aug 14, 2012
This was a perfect fit for using up the last of a few things in the kitchen on vacation. I used Club Crackers with great result. I added diced red onion. I didn't use any of the butter and it was fine (didn't mean to omit it, just forgot to add it).