Special Request Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 30 saltine crackers
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Crumble crackers into a 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over crackers. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 315 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Aug 14, 2012
This was a perfect fit for using up the last of a few things in the kitchen on vacation. I used Club Crackers with great result. I added diced red onion. I didn't use any of the butter and it was fine (didn't mean to omit it, just forgot to add it).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.