- 30 saltine crackers
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Crumble crackers into a 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over crackers. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpecial Request Casserole
"This was a perfect fit for using up the last of a few things in the kitchen on vacation. I used Club Crackers with great result. I added diced red onion. I didn't use any of the butter and it was fine (didn't mean to omit it, just forgot to add it)."