Special Potato Salad
Vinegar and yogurt give this salad a refreshing tang that's unlike typical potato salads with heavy creamy dressings. My family loves the crispness of the onion and celery and the heartiness that comes from the eggs and crumbled bacon. -Page Alexander, Baldwin City, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, mustard, basil, pepper and salt. Drain potatoes; cut into 1-in. chunks and add to vinegar and oil mixture while still warm. Toss to coat; cool completely.
- In another bowl, combine yogurt, sour cream and garlic salt. Add onion, celery, bacon and eggs; mix well. Add to potato mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill for several hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 190 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 30, 2014
No mayonnaise! I made this twice--the first time I left out the bacon, and the second time I put bacon in. It was good both times, but better with the bacon. I didn't have time to let it cool, and it was still very good.