Special Pepper Salad Recipe
- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 banana peppers, seeded and cut into rings
- 1/4 pound fully cooked lean ham, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 to 5 hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine peppers, ham, cheese, onion and chilies. In a blender, combine dressing ingredients; cover and process until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 149 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat.