Special Occasion Salad
"This simple salad consistently gets rave reviews. Feel free to change the types of lettuce, dried fruit and even substitute candied pecans for almonds." – Jean Follmer, Lafayette, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh arugula or additional baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, arugula, cherries and almonds. Combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 83 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Arugula & Spinach Salad with Dried Cherries and Goat Cheese in Taste of Home December/January 2011
Dec 12, 2011
Made this last Christmas and everyone loved it. I thought it was funny because it was so easy and everyone raved about it. It's a keeper :)
Feb 15, 2011
This salad is delicious and so easy and quick to prepare. It was a hit at the potluck.