Special Oatmeal Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 5-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white candy coating, melted
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Drizzle with white coating in one direction, then with dark coating in the opposite direction to form a crisscross pattern.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 2, 2015
Very good! Thank you!!!
Mar 17, 2012
These turned out great. I made them to send in my husband's lunch and had a hard time not eating them myself.
Nov 20, 2011
These cookies don't last long at my house
Oct 5, 2009
This was an awesome cookie! My kids loved it and we would make it again and again