Special Layered Salad
Tiny shrimp make this salad something special. Layered with romaine, green pepper, onion, peas, cheese and crumbled bacon, this pretty salad never lasts long when my mom makes it. -Jacinta Ransom, South Haven, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 pound torn romaine
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, cut into wedges
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, layer the romaine, green pepper, onion, peas, mayonnaise and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, top with the shrimp, bacon, tomato and eggs. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 408 calories, 36g fat (9g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Dec 23, 2010
My family loved it. I added a little sugar to the mayo and used a sweet onion.
Feb 27, 2010
This beautiful salad gets lots of "oohs" and "aahs." The tiny shrimp really do make it different and special.