Special Ham Slices
A taste-tempting sauce that combines orange juice brown sugar and spices gives a wonderful flavor to this Easter ham. It uses convenient ham steaks, so cooking time is less than half and hour.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 boneless ham steaks (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place ham in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over ham. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through, basting occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 246 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1455mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Special Ham Slices in Quick Cooking March/April 1998