When I tire of ordinary meal and cheese sandwiches for my brown-bag lunch, I try creative alternatives like this creamy ham spread. You'll appreciate its ease of preparation.
Recommended: Extra-Special Recipes for Breakfast in Bed
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces fully cooked ham, finely chopped
- 4 slices bread or 2 buns
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, pickle relish and mustard. Stir in cheese and ham. Spread 1/2 cup between slices of bread or in buns. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Special Ham 'n' Cheese Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p96