Special Grilled Veggies
"I fixed this colorful side dish on Father's Day one year and it has been requested many times since," says Kimberly Hennes-Skar of Minot, North Dakota. "It goes well with any grilled meat, chicken or seafood. It's easy to prepare but looks like you spent a lot of time on it."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add vegetables and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight, turning once.
- Drain and reserve marinade. Place vegetables in a grill basket or disposable foil pan with slits cut in the bottom. Grill, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Turn; baste with reserved marinade. Grill 5-8 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 121 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Special Grilled Veggies in Quick Cooking May/June 2002
Apr 11, 2012
I was wondering if you could cook this in the oven, as I don`t have a grill. This recipe sounds delicious and would love to try in the oven at what temp. and for how long