Special Grilled Veggies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add vegetables and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight, turning once.
- Drain and reserve marinade. Place vegetables in a grill basket or disposable foil pan with slits cut in the bottom. Grill, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Turn; baste with reserved marinade. Grill 5-8 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 121 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 11, 2012
I was wondering if you could cook this in the oven, as I don`t have a grill. This recipe sounds delicious and would love to try in the oven at what temp. and for how long
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.