Special Citrus Salad
An easy tangy dressing makes this salad taste as impressive as it looks.—Janice Ubaldi, Petaluma, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons French or Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch dried tarragon
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1/2 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- Drain juice from oranges into a small bowl; set oranges aside. To the juice, add the parsley, salad dressing, basil, lemon juice, brown sugar, pepper and tarragon; mix well. Line individual salad plates with lettuce if desired; arrange oranges, grapefruit, cucumber, onion and tomato on lettuce. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 247 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Special Citrus Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1996