Being slightly diabetic and able to control it with my diet, I've learned to satisfy my sweet tooth with a number of different desserts. This ice cream is my latest recipe. It's low in sugar - but you wouldn't know it by its smooth texture and delicious taste. You'll love it even if you don't need to watch your sugar intake.
Recommended: 50 Swoon-Worthy Layered Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (1.5 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 6 packets aspartame sweetener (equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar)
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces light frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a blender, combine the pudding mix, sweetener, cocoa, milk and vanilla; process on low until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping until smooth. Pour into a shallow 2-qt. freezer container. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes. Stir with a wire whisk; return to freezer until ready to serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Special Chocolate Ice Cream in Country Extra July 1995, p51