Special Cheese Manicotti
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 2-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Cook manicotti according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the egg, sour cream, salad dressing and zucchini.
- Carefully stuff manicotti with cheese filling. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 396 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 879mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Apr 16, 2017
I made this for Easter this year. I only changed the recipe by putting it in jumbo pasta shells instead of the manicotti (easier to stuff). This earned so many compliments! Very good.
Apr 2, 2014
Wonderful! Easy to put together stuffed uncooked shells and placed in crock pot on high for 2 hrs!
Apr 15, 2013
No stars appeared to rate, but am giving a *5* up on this recipe. Is wonderful!!
Feb 4, 2011
This has the best zippy taste. It's one of my favorite recipes for company.
Sep 30, 2010
My husband and I love this dish. It has become a favorite in our house!
Aug 24, 2009
This was a very tasty and easy meal and best of all even my picky kids liked it and looked for left-overs!