Special Beef Wraps
From Dian Halferty of Tucson, Arizona, these hearty bundles burst with grilled steak, tangy pineapple and crunchy nuts.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min. + standing
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup water
- 8 green onion tops
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, oil and honey. Pour 1-1/4 cups into a shallow dish; add steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, sliced green onions and remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a small skillet, bring water to a boil. Add onion tops; boil for 30-60 seconds. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Let stand for 10 minutes; thinly slice across the grain. Layer with beef, lettuce mixture, pineapple and nuts on each tortilla. Fold one end over filling, then fold in sides. Tie with an onion top.