- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- With a sharp knife, slice potatoes thinly but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at bottom. Fan potatoes slightly. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and salt.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpecial Baked Potatoes
"Very delicious way to make baked potatoes. Love them"
"Thanks for a simple recipe for baked potatoes that jazzes them up without turning them into something other than...baked potatoes."
"I made this tonight with my 10 year old daughter for some special girl time. My family loved it! My daughter was thrilled that she creAted such a pretty potato dish."
"These were very tasty and my husband loved them.The calorie count is not to difficult to calculate. One average baking potato = 164. 1/2 tbsp. butter = 50. 1/4 cup grated cheddar = 88. 1/2 tbsp. grated Parmesan = 44. Grand total for one of these potatoes is 346 calories. Maybe not something you'd want to indulge in on a daily basis, but once in a while won't kill you."
"Only because there's no calorie count on this recipe."