Your family can whip up a band of these merry marshmallow snowmen as an afternoon snack. Or package them in see-through cellophane bags and give them as gifts with hot chocolate mix. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: Homemade Marshmallows
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 18 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup coarse sugar
- 6 lollipop sticks
- 12 miniature marshmallows
- Colored sugar of your choice
- 2 Fruit Roll-Ups
- 2 ounces white candy coating, melted
- Pearl dragees
- Assorted paste food coloring
- Brush large marshmallows with corn syrup; roll in coarse sugar. On each lollipop stick, thread three large marshmallows.
- Flatten miniature marshmallows slightly. Brush with corn syrup; roll in colored sugar. Cut six thin strips, about 2-in. long, from a Fruit Roll-up. For each ear muff, attach two sugar-coated miniature marshmallows and a Roll-up strip using candy coating. Hold or prop up until set.
- For buttons, attach dragees with candy coating. Using candy coating tinted with food coloring, draw faces. Cut remaining Fruit Roll-Up into strips for scarves; add a scarf to each snowman. Yield: 6 snowmen.
Originally published as Sparkling Marshmallow Snowmen in Country Woman December/January 2012, p84