Spareribs Cantonese Recipe
My aunt gave me this recipe more than 20 years ago. The thing we like most about it is that there isn't an overabundance of sauce, so the fabulous flavor of pork can shine through.
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- Lemon wedges, optional
- 1. Cut the ribs into serving-size pieces; place with meat side down in a shallow roasting pan. Cover with foil; bake at 450° for 45 minutes. Drain; turn ribs.
- 2. Combine marmalade, water, soy sauce and seasonings; spoon over ribs. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour longer or until tender, basting occasionally with sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
16 ounce-weight: 704 calories, 43g fat (16g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 1387mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0 fiber), 44g protein.
Reviews for Spareribs Cantonese
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC