- 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sandwich buns, split
- Place ribs in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Drain; return ribs to pan. In a small bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate, water, chili sauce, brown sugar and vinegar. Pour two-thirds of the sauce over ribs; set remaining sauce aside. Cover and cook over medium heat for 50-55 minutes or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened.
- When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. In a large saucepan, whisk cornstarch and reserved sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shredded pork; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpare-Rib Sandwiches
"This was a good recipe with a mild, lemon flavor. I made it with the layered salad on the same page."
"It was good, but slightly sweet."
"Every time we make these, they are a hit!"