Spanish Turkey Tenderloins
If you’re hungry for warm-weather fare, try this. The grilled turkey and the bright, sunny colors of the relish look and taste like summer.—Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 large navel orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Rub turkey with oil; sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°, turning occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the relish ingredients. Serve with turkey.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked turkey with 1/4 cup relish: 163 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Spanish Style Turkey Tenderloins in Country Woman June/July 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.