- 2 medium summer squash, halved and sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large plum tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, zucchini and onion in oil for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the tomato, butter, lemon-pepper, garlic powder and salt. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpanish Squash Medley
"This was a nice side dish served with glazed salmon."