Spanish Sausage Supper Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and vermicelli mix
- 1/4 cup sliced stuffed olives
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute green pepper, celery and onion in oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 580 calories, 36g fat (14g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 2599mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Spanish Sausage Supper
"This was absolutely delicious. The slight crunch of the vegetables, the kick from the smoked sausage to the smooth creaminess of the rice, and then the tanginess of the olives, all combine to make this dish so tasty, satisfying and filling. It was indeed a simple failure proof recipe. The only modification I made was exchanging chicken broth for the water. Look forward to making it again."
"OMG. We so loved this. I can't wait for a pot luck so I can bring it. I didn't add the olives since my kids don't like them and they ate every bite."