Spanish Rice with Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, onion, green pepper and garlic in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 396 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Spanish Rice with Chicken
"Very versatile recipe. I would add alot more heat however, as it was quite bland."
"this was delicious, fast and easy to make I will defintely make this again"