Spanish Rice with Chicken
“This recipe is very easily adapted to individual tastes, and extra vegetables can be added,” writes Wendy Nuis of Stokes Bay, Ontario.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, onion and green pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 396 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Jun 17, 2015
Very versatile recipe. I would add alot more heat however, as it was quite bland.
Apr 2, 2012
this was delicious, fast and easy to make I will defintely make this again