Spanish Rice with Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, onion and green pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 396 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 17, 2015
Very versatile recipe. I would add alot more heat however, as it was quite bland.
Apr 2, 2012
this was delicious, fast and easy to make I will defintely make this again