Spanish Rice and Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine garlic salt, celery salt and paprika; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes.
- 2. Remove chicken from pan. Combine rice, onion, green pepper and parsley; spoon into the pan. In a saucepan, bring broth, tomatoes, chili powder and salt to a boil. Pour over rice mixture; mix well. Place chicken pieces on top. Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken and rice are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Spanish Rice and Chicken
"One of my favorite recipes for chicken and rice!"
"Tasty and easy to make. Not a bold flavour, maybe a bit of more garlic to spice it up a bit."
"I've been making this recipe since I first cut it out of the magazine, probably 20 years! I double the amount of rice and chicken broth and use garlic powder, not garlic salt."
"Tasty...I really like the way this is seasoned. I discovered that my celery salt had expired, so I substituted 1/3 tsp. celery seed and 2/3 tsp. salt, and that worked fine."
"This is my 5 year old's favorite meal!"
"I'm a Dad who works from home and watches our 2 and 4 year old at least one day every week and was looking for a simple (vaguely) Spanish recipe with chicken and Rice. This fit the bill to a tee. easy to make (while managing the kids and keeping an eye on the inbox). Turned out great. My wife and I collaborated on a couple of toppers: Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), a few sprigs of cilantro and plain greek yogurt. I too would cut back on the salt in the broth etc next time. Not needed methinks."
"Seems to be lacking something.....may try it again using salsa instead of tomatoes. Overall - not impressed."
"This recipe was okay. Everyone ate it but nothing special. Had leftovers and had to throw out. No one asked for seconds. Do not understand how this could be award winning."
"Very good. I'll cut back on the salt a little next time."
"My husband raved about it. I didn't have tomatoes so I used my homemade salsa instead. It was awesome and I'll continue to use my salsa."
"Really good and easy to make. My family asks me to make this often...one of my all time favorites. I add 1 to 2 tsp. of cumin in the saucepan."
"Have made this dozens of times. The flavor is fresh and delicious! I'm making it tonight but replacing the chicken with chunks of polish sausage."
"This has been a family favorite for a good while. It is equally good (and lower in fat and calories), to make it with skinless boneless chicken breasts."
"this was good. I followed two recipes but all in all it was bangin"
"Delicious! The chicken was tender and the rice turned out perfect. Thank you for sharing. We'll definitely make this one again."