I keep my kitchen stocked with fruits and vegetables. Potatoes are great to have on hand because they're nutritious and low in fat. Oregano seasons this side dish dressed up with onions, peppers and tomatoes. —Connie Thomas of Jensen, Utah
Recommended: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chicken or 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the onions, green pepper, water, oil and bouillon. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain potatoes; add onion mixture, tomatoes and oregano. Stir gently to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Potatoes in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p31
Reviews forSpanish Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2008
"Yummy! I will be making this again. Even my kids liked it."