“Bacon adds flavor to this comforting stovetop supper my mom frequently made when we were growing up. Now I prepare it for my family,” writes Kelli Jones or Peris, California.
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the noodles, tomatoes, water, chili sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Noodles 'n' Ground Beef in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p62
Reviews forSpanish Noodles and Ground Beef
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2015
"It was okay. Not bad, but also not a hit with my family."
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2014
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2012
"Nice casserole dish, and great taste. Will definitely be making this again."