- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with green pepper and onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Stir in all remaining ingredients except bacon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until noodles are tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSpanish Noodles and Ground Beef
"This was a nice warm meal on a snowy day. I usually have all of the ingredients on hand so on a rushed day I will come back to this recipe but to my family, this tasted like a better-for-you Hamburger Helper. Which isn't a bad thing, I guess I was just expecting more."
"It was okay. Not bad, but also not a hit with my family."
"Nice casserole dish, and great taste. Will definitely be making this again."