Spanish Marsala Turkey Breast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 35 min.
- 2 skin-on boneless turkey breast halves (about 2 pounds each)
- 1 cup pitted dates, quartered
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, halved
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) capers, drained
- 1 whole garlic bulb, cloves separated, peeled and minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 6 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- Cut each turkey breast half crosswise in half; place in a bowl or shallow dish. Add dates, olives, vinegar, oil, capers, garlic, oregano, bay leaves and salt. Turn turkey to coat; cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place turkey in a single layer in a large shallow roasting pan; top with marinade mixture. Sprinkle brown sugar over turkey. Pour wine around turkey. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in turkey reads 165°, basting turkey occasionally with pan juices, 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let turkey stand 5 minutes before slicing. Discard bay leaves. Serve turkey with date-olive mixture and pan juices.
Nutrition Facts8 ounces cooked turkey with 2 tablespoons olive mixture and 1/4 cup pan juices: 661 calories, 29g fat (6g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 52g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2014
This recipe is surprising like Chicken Marbella from The Silver Palate Cookbook. A very few changes have been made to the original recipe. My rating is based on the recipe from TSP