- 2 skin-on boneless turkey breast halves (about 2 pounds each)
- 1 cup pitted dates, quartered
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, halved
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) capers, drained
- 1 whole garlic bulb, cloves separated, peeled and minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 6 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- Cut each turkey breast half crosswise in half; place in a 2-gal. resealable plastic bag. Add dates, olives, vinegar, oil, capers, garlic, oregano, bay leaves and salt. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place turkey in a single layer in a large shallow roasting pan; top with marinade mixture. Sprinkle brown sugar over turkey. Pour wine around turkey. Bake, uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in turkey reads 165°, basting turkey occasionally with pan juices.
- Remove from oven; let turkey stand 5 minutes before slicing. Discard bay leaves. Serve turkey with date-olive mixture and pan juices. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpanish Marsala Turkey Breast
"This recipe is surprising like chicken Marbella from The Silver Palate Cookbook. A very few changes have been made to the original recipe. My rating is based on the recipe from TSP"