Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the hominy, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender. Stir onion mixture and bacon into hominy mixture. Cover and cook on low until heated through, 6-8 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 150 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 1039mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2010
I have a question about the cooking timethe recipe says, cook for 6 to 8 hours or until heated through..So does it take that many hours to heat through. I feel for that lone it would be mush. Hopefully she means just"until heated through"
Jan 29, 2010
This went over well with my crew. I have served it with cheese enchiladas and once with meat loaf, which I intend to repeat soon.
Sep 6, 2009
this sounds really good juat wondering what you would do with it or make to go with it...