Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the hominy, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain drippings from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender. Stir onion mixture and bacon into hominy mixture. Cover and cook on low until heated through, 6-8 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 150 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 1039mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 8, 2010
I have a question about the cooking timethe recipe says, cook for 6 to 8 hours or until heated through..So does it take that many hours to heat through. I feel for that lone it would be mush. Hopefully she means just"until heated through"
Jan 29, 2010
This went over well with my crew. I have served it with cheese enchiladas and once with meat loaf, which I intend to repeat soon.
Sep 6, 2009
this sounds really good juat wondering what you would do with it or make to go with it...