There’s a bounty of vegetables in this tantalizing chilled soup. Its refreshing flavor makes it an ideal addition to summer lunches or light suppers. —Dave Schmitt, Hartland, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 5 pounds tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium carrots, quartered
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and quartered
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, quartered
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- salad croutons, microgreens, chopped red onion, chopped peeled cucumber or cherry tomatoes, optional
- In batches, place the ingredients in a blender; cover and process until soup reaches desired texture. Pour into a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. If desired, top with croutons, microgreens, red onion, cucumber and tomato if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 118 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Gaspacho Anduluz in Taste of Home June/July 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.