Spanish Chicken Rice
Using leftover chicken, this meaty tomato and rice meal-in-one bakes quickly, writes Patricia Rutherford, Winchester, Illinois.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried savory
- Pinch pepper
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and mushrooms for 4 minutes or until tender. Place in an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 207 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Spanish Chicken and Rice in Quick Cooking Premiere 1998