Spanish Chicken Rice
Using leftover chicken, this meaty dish is a snap to put on the table. —Patricia Rutherford, Winchester, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried savory
- Pinch pepper
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and mushrooms for 4 minutes or until tender. Place in an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.