Spanish Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (2-1/2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and shake until well coated. In a skillet, brown chicken in butter over medium heat. Remove chicken; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In the pan drippings, saute onion, green pepper and garlic until tender. Add pimientos and rice. Reduce heat; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broth, turmeric, chili powder and remaining salt; bring to a boil.
- 3. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish; top with chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 466 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 1909mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Spanish Chicken and Rice
"I love this recipe for Spanish chicken. It tastes so much like something my Mexican Nana would make. First time I made this it was too salty for my preference. Since then I have omitted the salt and it comes out perfect for my family and me."
"delicious! I made this for my boyfriend and it was fast and easy. We both loved it!"