—Sarah Briggs, Greenfield, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 7 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a small skillet, cook onions in oil until tender. Stir in spinach; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Cool and squeeze dry. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, dill and parsley. Stir in spinach mixture; set aside.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a lightly floured surface. Lightly brush with butter. Top with another sheet of phyllo dough; brush with butter. Repeat with remaining dough. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Place a 6-oz. custard cup upside down on dough. Cut around custard cup with a small pizza cutter.
- Place about 4 teaspoons of cheese mixture in the center of each circle. Bring edges of circle up and around cheese, forming a tart. Brush dough with butter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and spinach mixture is hot.
Originally published as Spanakopita Tarts in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.