- 1 pound smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium green peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 to 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch oven, brown sausage. Add peppers and onion; saute for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, hot pepper sauce, paprika, salt and cayenne pepper; cook and stir until the vegetables are tender. Combine broth and cornstarch; add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened. Add spaghetti; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSpaghetti with Sausage and Peppers
"This was a good recipe. I read the reviews and ended up using marinara sauce to add extra flavor. It turned out very delicious and easy!"
"This was ok, but I didn't feel there was enough flavor. Will add a few more spices if I make again"
"Not bad, but nothing too special. It begs to be customized for personal taste, so I'll probably make it again with some changes. The corn starch really thickened the sauce, so I may cut back a bit on that and add some mushrooms and oregano or Italian seasoning."
"Made this with onion powder instead of onions. I only had two bell peppers but it would have been better with three. I used a large dice instead of strips. I used one can of chipotle diced tomatoes and one regular. This was good and easy to make."
"used recipe as a general guide and used hot sausages, it was excellent."
"I made this for my family of 5 and everyone loved it! The peppers and tomatoes gave it a light and fresh taste. quick and economical, just what I was looking for!"