Spaghetti with Creamy White Clam Sauce
A handful of ingredients is all you need for this must-try main dish. "I often make it when time is short," explains Linda Evancoe-Coble of Leola, Pennsylvania. "Add store-bought rolls and a bagged salad and...presto...you have a satisfying meal."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) ready-to-serve reduced-fat New England clam chowder
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Pour sauce over spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 342 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Originally published as Presto! Spaghetti with Creamy White Clam Chowder in Light & Tasty April/May 2005