Spaghetti with Checca Sauce Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the oil, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, basil, onions, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until coarsely chopped.
- 2. Drain spaghetti and place in a bowl. Add the tomato mixture, mozzarella cheese and water; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 564 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Checca Sauce
"I would suggest using some of the pasta cooking water in place of the 1/4 cup of hot water. I thought this had pretty good flavor, but was a bit of a pain to prepare. Not worth the trouble for me."
"This recipe was a little out of the norm for what I make my family but it was surprisingly good considering I hate tomatoes. I would definitely make this again, this recipe tasted very fresh and very simple. Only thing I did differently was I doubled the recipe."
"This is a nice light easy dish that I always seem to have the ingredients on hand for. I made it for my Mom for supper one night and now she makes it for my Dad all the time."