Spaghetti with Checca Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the oil, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, basil, onions, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until coarsely chopped.
- Drain spaghetti and place in a bowl. Add the tomato mixture, mozzarella cheese and water; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 564 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Oct 19, 2017
I would suggest using some of the pasta cooking water in place of the 1/4 cup of hot water. I thought this had pretty good flavor, but was a bit of a pain to prepare. Not worth the trouble for me.
Jun 19, 2011
This recipe was a little out of the norm for what I make my family but it was surprisingly good considering I hate tomatoes. I would definitely make this again, this recipe tasted very fresh and very simple. Only thing I did differently was I doubled the recipe.
Jun 19, 2009
This is a nice light easy dish that I always seem to have the ingredients on hand for. I made it for my Mom for supper one night and now she makes it for my Dad all the time.